[Dshield] RedHat systems seem to originate a lot of port 1433 attacks

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Sat May 25 16:07:04 GMT 2002

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 08:43:46AM -0500, Ed Truitt wrote:
> This may be consistent with the reports there are actually several worms
> loose - one of which reportedly attacks MS-SQL systems from a *nix box.

At the moment, I guess my only thought is that I haven't seen any
evidence of a *nix-based MS-SQL exploit in this current go-round.

And the only discussion is in very general terms, in a very small
number of posts (I'm looking at intrusions; handler; snort; a couple
other security lists..) with, again, no evidence.

(Actually, after a *quick* scan, the only discussion seems to be this
thread in this list!)

So, not to say that there aren't *nix-based 'sploits against MS-SQL,
but only that the current events seem clearly to be M$-based.

- John
--
You simply can never have too many shells