[Dshield] Question on the differant protocols on the SShield lists

Tim Rushing dshield at threenorth.com
Sun May 26 03:01:30 GMT 2002

The two protocols you are most likely to see are 6 (TCP) and 17 (UDP).  You
may see some 1 (ICMP) but probably not much else.

The numbers come from the numbers in the /etc/protocols file in a
unix/linux system.  That file contains the protocol name as well as the
number and frequently a short comment.  If you don't have such a system, a
quick search online for "/etc/protocols TCP UDP" ought to find some useful
information.

      ---Tim Rushing