[Dshield] Port 13000 ?

dominiquefiori dominiquefiori at numericable.fr
Fri Nov 1 08:47:00 GMT 2002

Good morning to my favorire security security knowledge base.

1) THE " THANK YOU BIT" : my question on Firewalls and Linux has been
fulfilled : loads of answsers ! [and great ones !]

2) As I am used now to give you news of my improvements,(remember a
philosophy student sick of it finding happiness with computing)  Well let's
start :
I have just finished my 3 weeks course on Linux and I am having a test on
Tuesday in order to get accepted to a 6 month course on...network admin /
UNIX !!!in Paris  (remember my dream). Thanks to you guys (and girls).

3) The usual question : In frog land , at Linux courses people have a new
divinity : Webmin.(localhost : 10000).  As now I do not get exited without
your opininion would you be kind enough to tell me if you experienced some
security issues please.

For the new guys ( girls) on the security block a quick remembering : I got
involved with security (who is now a passion) after a Hacker stole 6 gigs of
data from my home beloved network leaving me with a burnt hard disk ,
destroyed, lost data and some insulting notes on my web site. A manager from
Dshield rescued me, wrote to my provider and put me back on safe tracks, then
the Peters, Davids and plenty of Dshield afficionados taugh me the basics.

As usual ...pardon my French (and subsequently my English !)

Dominique fiori - Wall / Paris / France / land of cheese and plenty of other
things but NOT of technology !

Saying : No Sir ! a safe Internet is not a dumb one...

 DDOS Shaft synflood perhaps?