[Dshield] DShield.py 3.0 released

Andrew Rucker Jones arjones at simultan.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 1 15:03:10 GMT 2002

Good day to all!
	For those of You who have been waiting to download the newest version
of DShield.py because it was still in beta, wait no longer. After almost
6 weeks and no bug reports, we have released DShield.py 3.0, which is
available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dshieldpy/.
	As a quick refresher, this release includes support for GPG, MySQL, and
Snort. The parsing is much faster than in 2.0 (but using MySQL slows it
down again -- we're looking into that for 4.0). Error checking is much
more thorough. Finally, the SMTP code is much better, allowing for
things like an encrypted connection to the mail server, and sending mail
through a server that requires authentication.
	Johannes, since 3.0 is official now, we would appreciate it if You
would change the description of DShield.py on DShield's site to include
Snort. Thanks!
	Any comments are welcome, but anything addressed to me needs to be sent
to me directly. I'm not subscribed to the list. I believe Eelco
Lempsink, the DShield.py project founder, is.

			-&

--
GPG key / Schlüssel -- http://simultan.dyndns.org/~arjones/gpgkey.txt
Encrypt everything. / Alles verschlüsseln.