[Dshield] Ping Problems

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Sun Nov 3 22:17:11 GMT 2002

Just *who* is their.ip.add.ress?  Is this an ISP, or a network backbone
provider, or a special service company, or a measuring firm like Netcraft?
Do you control the firewall for the box?  If so, and you don't want them
bothering you, why not simply /dev/null (DROP) the ICMP PING packets?

Cheers,
Ed Truitt
http://www.etee2k.net
http://www.bsatroop148.org