[Dshield] Is there a good checksum system for OPENBSD?

John D. lists at webcrunchers.com
Mon Nov 4 06:27:27 GMT 2002

I'm looking for a Program that compares md5 file checksums in a file against actual files and reports discrepancies.   A commercial program like "Tripwire" does this,  but isn't there an Open Source program that can do this.

It would be a good thing to use for files in the /bin directories,  and other places where one would not expect files to be changed,   but would easily identify trojans,  and other changes to executeable files and binaries.

I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to write this in Python or Perl.   But how long would it take to checksum thousands of files?

John