[Dshield] Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600

Mark Rowlands mark.rowlands at minmail.net
Wed Nov 13 09:20:42 GMT 2002

Something I haven't seen before  popping up in my logs is this :-

"PROPFIND /c%24 HTTP/1.1" 405 915 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600"

It has come from a couple of sources ...one Roadrunner, one AOL so my no. 1
hypothesis is dumb user with Windows XP / Frontpage.

Google has not found me any exploits, but Qualsys system scan generates some
similar looking log entries and call me old fashioned but when I see strings
containing 2600   :-)