[Dshield] Shorewall Parser and Apache Logs

Bogdan Stancescu mgv at fx.ro
Thu Nov 14 15:12:15 GMT 2002

Hello!

Just in case my previous message doesn't make it to the list (I
inadvertently sent it from my other e-mail), here's a newbie question
for you: does anyone know if there's any Shorewall log parser for dshield?

And here's another :) How about obvious attempts at http hacks? For
instance I get lots of such http requests lately (zillions of
variations, but it's obvious what they're trying): "GET
/scripts/..%c0%af../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir+c:\\ HTTP/1.1"

Shouldn't these be considered attempted attacks as well, in spite of not
being logged by the firewall?

TIA!

Bogdan