[Dshield] Unusual Web Request

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Fri Nov 15 20:51:01 GMT 2002

The 'user agent' field is often replaced by some privacy concious
proxies (not realizing, that a user-agent of ';-)' will make you
easier identifiable then the standard string.

Its hard to figure out the intent. Looking for 'index.html' is
certainly harmless. But it could use this to check for default
installs of certain operating systems.