[Dshield] port 137 probes

rilya byor rilya1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 04:47:10 GMT 2002

Help... I've lately been logging hundreds of port 137
probes a day, which I understand are coming from the
Tanatos/Bugbear worm.  Of course, I have netbios
disabled and ports 137-138-139 stealthed, but I'm
having a terrible time maintaining a usable dialup
connection; I log on and a few minutes later the
connection freezes up and I have to redial again, and
again... Is all this port 137 activity the cause of
this?  My ISP has no explanation (but what do they
know...)  If so, what can I do to prevent it?  My
phone bill is going to be astronomical if this keeps
up.
Tnx,
Rilya1