[Dshield] Firewall or other security tool that bites back???

Bjørn Ruberg bjorn at ruberg.no
Mon Nov 18 16:58:30 GMT 2002

rilya byor <rilya1 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I've had it with these port 137 probes--I just logged
> 27 in the last 3 minutes, after which my connection
> locked up AGAIN.  Does anybody know if there's a
> Windows program that can be set up to listen on port
> 137 and automatically shoot back???

This is indeed a very bad idea. In addition to placing yourself
at the same low level as those who scan you, often without knowing
it themselves, you run the risk of *you* losing your internet
connection because of your response.

Get yourself a proper firewall instead, by installing Linux or
*BSD on the good ol' 486.

--

Bjorn