[Dshield] Firewall or other security tool that bites back???

Jim Cooke lemmonchipper at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:19:19 GMT 2002

Took me  months of cussing my ISP before I figured something out with my
home connection. Fire ants in the cross box. A cross box is the thing close
to your house that says Phone Company access only. Killed the ants and that
almost fixed it and did fix my neighbors. Had cross talk and TR bridging via
Ant based landline net. Set Modem register S10 to 100. That fixed it. S10
determines how long, in 10ths of a second, before YOU hang up when carrier
is lost. Carrier is lost often on Voice line modem connections.
Zone Alarm never did give me a fit though. Turned Alerts off when I got it
the way I liked it.
Wasn't going to send this but what the heck. Sounds like a dumb fix but
worked for me.
Good luck