[Dshield] Windows 2000 - Who's logged in?

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Thu Nov 21 02:02:26 GMT 2002

If you are on a Windows box, you can use the "nbtstat -A <IP address of
target>" and look for  <0> UNIQUE.  There may be more than one, the machine
name likely will be one entry, the other(s) more than likely will be the
name(s) of the logged-in user(s).

If you are *nix, you may be able to find something out from the Samba client
programs - but I don't know enough about them to speak with authority.

Cheers,
Ed Truitt
http://www.etee2k.net
http://www.bsatroop148.org