[Dshield] Firewall that bites back??? Addendum

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Thu Nov 21 12:44:02 GMT 2002

Well, in my case I actually have control over my router, so I could filter
it myself.  Unfortunately, when I tried to filter 137-139 UDP and TCP, the
router quit passing ANY traffic about 5 minutes later, and I had to remove
the blocks to get the traffic restored.  I am using a SpeedStream (5600, I
think) from Efficient Networks, which is actually a step UP from the Cisco
678 I had been using.  The "filters" on that box were so horrid the ISP
actually said they couldn't support me if I insisted on using them.

Of course, with ZA for the Windows box, and IPTABLES for the Linux boxen, I
do OK...