[Dshield] Yaha question

Anthony Bego abego at hartonreed.com
Wed Nov 27 04:17:09 GMT 2002

Hi Grant,

I noticed your Yaha fix on the web and I wanted to ask you for a little
help.  Main problem is I cannot tell if I have the virus or not.  When I
receive an infected mail with the    W32.Yaha.F at mm <mailto:W32.Yaha.F at mm>
Norton recognizes it and says it put it in quarantine.  But I keep getting
mails about 5-10 per day saying I have this infection.  I downloaded the
fix/scan tool from Norton fixyaha.com and it says it’s clean.  My exe files
seem to work fine but people keep telling me I am sending then this virus?
I downloaded the latest office patches from Mircoshaft and that stopped it
for a few days but it has started up again. Infected mails over and over.  I
even get return mails form people whom I don’t have their email address.  I
don’t understand how I could have sent them a virus when I didn’t have their
email address in my address book?

I do not have a mail server just the normal outlook .pst file.  But was
wondering if you knew if I had the virus in my PC somewhere and possibly  it
was undetectable by Norton?   And is there anyway to clean it?

http://www.dshield.org/pipermail/list/2002-September/000904.html

Anyway sorry to bother you just wondering if you knew anything that could
help me.

Anthony Bego
Harton Reed Limited
Phone:    (852) 3106-3034