[Dshield] Spam Kills!

Andre Costa brblueser at uol.com.br
Thu Nov 28 15:53:47 GMT 2002

Same here. It's of course sad that someone lost his life, but being this
such a blatantly fake scheme makes it also amazing. I remember reading
maybe a month ago about an american woman that worked for a law firm and
how she embezzled $2.1M (!!) from the company and deposited it on
accounts accessed by the "Nigerians". Truly amazing indeed. See the news
on http://www.freep.com/news/locoak/checks21_20020921.htm

Andre

PS: I guess this has become totally OT...

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:30:36 -0600
Michael Thayer <mthayer at ts-software.com> wrote:

> At 04:33 PM 11/27/02 -0600, you wrote:
> >Well, other than the observation that this demonstrates Darwin's
> >theory of evolution in action, I would say that "greed kills" or
> >"extreme stupidity kills" not "spam kills".
>

> I agree with Ed: anyone who does not recognise this "Nigerian" scam
> for what it is on first reading has been living in a cave or just
> landed from outerspace.  They even made a movie named after its most
> famous form "The Spanish Prisoner".  Hard to sympathise with someone
> falling for it.

Andre Oliveira da Costa