[Dshield] Spam Kills!

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Thu Nov 28 21:58:12 GMT 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:58:41PM -0600, KeithTarrant at spamcop.net wrote:
> This is old news.  The US State Department says that at any given point in
> time there are an average of 10 American in Nigeria looking for their
> money.  For them to disappear isn't unusual.  The Nigerians run the scam
> all over the world, not just in the USA.
>
> I don't see blaming victims of crime for this though.

Phooey! Anybody who falls for the Nigeria scam gets whatever they deserve.

> It isn't a sin to be stupid or to see the world through rose colored
> glasses.

It's not a sin, it's its own reward: see the post about Darwin.

> Otherwise all those people who took stock options with .coms, and those
> people who took A++ and MSCE courses in search of 7 figure incomes would
> be dammed too.

You mean they aren't??

- John
--
NEWS FLASH: Lowest common denominator continues to plummet

    PGP key: http://www.finchhaven.com/pages/gpg_pubkey.html
Fingerprint: C493 9F26 05A9 6497 9800  4EF6 5FC8 F23D 35A4 F705