[Dshield] Why???

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Thu Oct 3 13:11:38 GMT 2002

I guess I must have a *special* ISP then, too.  Or else, I have a good
relationship with mine.  I have no problems getting them to act on
portscanning/Nimda-scanning activities - in fact, normally by the time I
report what the tarpit sees, they have taken the machine off the 'Net and
told the person to fix it.  Of course, the fact that the original Code Red
attack wreaked havoc with their DSL customers, who mostly had Cisco 67x
routers (which locked up when it with CR probes) may have helped.  But, I
think it is mostly due to the fact that they are a small ISP/consulting
firm, who needs an edge to stay competitive - and that edge, for them, is
service.

Cheers,
Ed Truitt
http://www.etee2k.net