[Dshield] port 7000?

Jan Johansson janj+dshield at wenf.org
Fri Oct 4 00:29:45 GMT 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:32:26PM -0500, Tim Rushing wrote:
>A google search on port 7000 shows some X-font servers, the afs
>file server, some known older trojans, but I didn't spot
>anything that seemed obviously recent.

AFS has a root hole in the server that have been in the public
for a month or so. There is also projects going on the map the
usage of AFS which is done by scanning. This should however not
hit to many innocents as it asks a known server "Which client do
you know?" and then asks found clients "What servers do you
know?" and so on.