[Dshield] port scans

Raven raven at earthlights.net
Fri Oct 4 17:53:18 GMT 2002

Hello Doug,

Saturday, October 05, 2002, 2:56:47 AM, you wrote:

D> Port 137 scans are hitting us at the rate of about a hundred per hour.  here is a description.

D> Its a windows Virus/Worm...it has already broken the Klez Record's, MS
D> should have already released the patches.  Not sure if zonealram can stop
D> it because it's designed to kill all Desktop firewall's and some av
D> programs.

ZoneAlarm will stop it from being read, therefore activated. I was
"hit" 3 times with emails containing this Virus a few days ago. Each
time ZoneAlarm refused to allow me to read the emails.

--
Regards,
Jim
mailto:raven at earthlights.net

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received
this message in error please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message including
any attachments it may contain.