[Dshield] how to take down a 'bot-net' ?

Raven raven at earthlights.net
Fri Oct 4 21:32:28 GMT 2002

Hello John,

Saturday, October 05, 2002, 7:12:01 AM, you wrote:

JH> On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 09:50, Johannes Ullrich wrote:
>> Not an IRC-head myself, I am not sure about the right vocabulary to
>> distinguish good bots from bad bots.

JH> good = bot
JH> bad = zombie

JH> ?

A bot is a bot is a bot. The only difference(s) between them is/are a)
how they are coded and b) what use they are put to.

--
Regards,
Raven
mailto:raven at earthlights.net

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received
this message in error please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message including
any attachments it may contain.