[Dshield] Newbie: How long Dshield take to process the results

Jose Vicente Nunez Zuleta josevnz at newbreak.com
Tue Oct 8 13:36:53 GMT 2002

Hi, thanks for answering :),

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:28:37 -0400
Johannes Ullrich <jullrich at euclidian.com> wrote:

> > 1) Who is funding this project? (alas why is free?)
>
> The project is funded by the SANS Institute. See http://www.sans.org
> (and sign up for some courses to keep DShield free ;-) ).

Sure, as soon i get some money (hopefully soon) i will get involved. For now i'm just using books from people who teach there :)

> > 2) How long (estimate) takes dshield to answer back after receiveing the
> > logs
>
> a few hours. depends on overall database load and other maintenance that
> may be going on.

Hmmm, i'm still clueless here. I submited my log files yesterday by email and using the web form but the dshield web GUI doesn't show any records (like if i never submited anything). I tested the application before sending the emails so i guess the format is ok.

There is a way i can check if my submission was rejected for some reason?

> 3) How an user can now if the logs were received? (i haven't
> > received any notification since 1 hour ago by email and the web interface
> > doesn't show anything. I have a user ID with the service).
>
> you will receive an email once the reports are parsed and shortly before
> they are imported into the database.

Ok. Hopefully i will get something today.

--
José Vicente Núñez Zuleta (josevnz at newbreak dot com)
Newbreak LLC System Administrator (http://www.newbreak.com)