[Dshield] strange email

John Draper crunch at shopip.com
Tue Oct 8 18:53:06 GMT 2002

>I would call it a "spam" email of the "get out of debt" genre.  The ICQ link
>appears to be to an ICQ "pager" (it also appears to be broken), which the
>spammer is using as a reply mechanism instead of regular email (maybe
>because using email would earn him a swift LART?)
>
>Not sure I have seen this *particular* email, but "get out of debt" spams
>are common inhabitants of my inbox - that is, until I obliterate them (and,
>if I get up on the wrong side of the bed, the accounts of their senders.)

Sounds like food for Spamcop to me.   Say,  I wanted to un this idea by you guys...   I'm thinking of providing a service by offering to track down spammers.   By following the money trail,  I'm getting fairly good at it.

I know this is totally off the subject of this list,  but what the heck,  figured I would ask anyway.

John