[Dshield] how to take down a 'bot-net' ?

Manuel Lanctot pacu at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 9 22:25:08 GMT 2002

On Sunday 06 October 2002 08:15 pm, Manuel Lanctot wrote:
> On Sunday 06 October 2002 02:28 pm, KeithTarrant wrote:
> > Hi Manuael - How about this model letter?
>
> <snip>
>
> Thanks, that's much better. :)

Yes definitely, I received my first and only answer today:

Mr.Manuel

I'm grateful for the advice from you.

The system which senses a virus is introduced in my Web server.
It tries to confirm whether it isn't infected with the virus.

Best Regard.,

[Corp name hidden for obvious security reasons]

Marketing Dept.

----
At least they took it seriously, though I'm still trying to understand what they were trying to say. :)

Manuel F. Lanctot
PACU Communications