[Dshield] Is it true that Linux users do not fear Viruses and Trojans (+ some vital questions)

KeithTarrant KeithTarrant at spamcop.net
Thu Oct 10 17:24:01 GMT 2002

Bonjour Dominique -

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  It must have been a lot of work
re-writing your PhD thesis.

You don't mention if you are now backing up your important data.  All the
virus scanners and firewalls in the world won't save your data if the
computer is stolen or destroyed in a fire.  Backing up data and storing it
in another building is a step many people overlook.

Most commercial virus scanners scan email for viri.

If you want the extra layer of protect of having your email attachments
scanned before they arrive on your computer, Spamcop does this
(www.spamcop.net), and so does Hotmail (www.hotmail.com).

- Keith