[Dshield] Port 135

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Wed Oct 16 17:17:05 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 09:29, Kenton Smith wrote:
> This has got to be illegal. How can someone who is accessing your internal
> network through your firewall, without getting prior permission, be
> operating within the law? I'm no lawyer, but someone who gets hit should
> take the spammer and/or the software vendor to court.

If they're accessing this through your firewall, your firewall is
misconfigured. I think that could be an effective argument against
liability.

135:139 SHOULD NOT be permitted in from or out to the Internet.

 ...people confuse "security" and "Trustworthy Computing."
                                 - Craig Mundie, MS Senior VP and CTO