[Dshield] Port 135

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Wed Oct 16 17:19:16 GMT 2002

> This has got to be illegal. How can someone who is accessing your
> internal network through your firewall, without getting prior permission,
> be operating within the law? I'm no lawyer, but someone who gets hit
> should take the spammer and/or the software vendor to court.

Well, do they need special permission to connect to a web server?
Offering a service kind of implies permission to connect to it unless
there is a banner / password prompt that says otherwise.

At least that would be my defense in court if I would run a spam service
like this.

                                         join http://www.dshield.org