[Dshield] Port 135

Mark Rowlands mark.rowlands at minmail.net
Sun Oct 20 15:35:35 GMT 2002

On Thu October 17 2002 20:55, Jon R. Kibler wrote:
> David:

> Our current  thrust is to create a 'civil only' offense along the lines of
> 'Intentional Interference with Normal Business Operations' that could allow
> a business to pursue someone who uses tactics that are not criminal
> offenses to interfere with the business' operations.

I would think very carefully before handing "business" more tools for pursuing
folk who interfere with "normal business operations".  The world's larger
corporations have for some time had an interesting view of what constitutes
"normal business operations" (from insider loans, innaccurate reporting to
criminal negligence...remember Bhopal anyone?)

I think you would have to map out the scope of this very very carefully
indeed.

Mark