[Dshield] IP Suballocation Database?

Shawn.Wilkerson@Firstdoor.com Shawn.Wilkerson at Firstdoor.com
Mon Oct 21 19:34:07 GMT 2002

I assume there is if you have web logs to utilize. WebTrends offers a
geographic product that parses logs and determines regional points. I
haven't heard of such a product for firewalls however.

- Shawn Wilkerson

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon R. Kibler [mailto:Jon.Kibler at aset.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 12:39 PM
To: list at dshield.org
Subject: [Dshield] IP Suballocation Database?

Does anyone know of any way of determining the locale (region of country,
state, or city -- preferably city) to which an IP address has been
allocated?

Yes, it is easy to determine which country an IP is allocated to (usually),
but say I have a block of IP addresses allocated to (for example)
BELLSOUTH.NET and they use them for DSL service -- is there any way to
determine where in BS's network the actual customer allocated the IP is
located? That is, short of a court subpoena to BS?

Thanks!
Jon Kibler