[Dshield] Port 135

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Tue Oct 22 17:03:55 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 16:52, KeithTarrant at spamcop.net wrote:
> Where there is no specific separate legislation for the cyber world,
> judges are trying to apply the law in a similar manner as to the
> corresponding physical world offense -- at least this is what I've seen
> judges say on TV and seen them quoted as saying in print.
>
> The roof of your house is on fire.  A neighbour sees it.  The neighbour
> runs across the street to your yard, no fence, no gate, no trespassing
> sign, and rings the bell and starts shouting "Fire, Fire, Get out, Get out
> !!!"

Which is vastly different from your neighbor running across the street
to your yard, no fence, no gate, no trespassing sign to ring on your
doorbell and shout "MAKE MONEY FAST FROM YOUR HOME!!! ONLY $5!!!"

 ...people confuse "security" and "Trustworthy Computing."
                                 - Craig Mundie, MS Senior VP and CTO