[Dshield] Off topic: Unix humor

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Tue Oct 22 18:54:37 GMT 2002

Was updating pop/imap on our mail server and found this in the Makefile...
> # A monument to a hack of long ago and far away...
> love:
>         @echo not war

If you don't get the humor, see below.

Jon Kibler
A.S.E.T., Inc.
Charleston, SC  USA

(For those of you that are not Unix Makefile experts, the Makefile is used by the 'make' command to direct the building of programs, etc.. The line 'love:' is a label that you reference with the make command. Thus, you would enter the command: "make love" and the system would respond "not war". I guess maybe this is humor only a former hippie that is also a Unix geek would appreciate...)