[Dshield] Proof of hacker. What do I do?

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Fri Sep 6 17:23:14 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 08:21, Dominique Fiori wrote:

> PS : I cannot find an inderstandable www.com site on linux Firewalls ( I am
> purely tired of reading pages on reiser fs journals with scary figures. I can
> get aroud but scared to miss something..it is hard to believe that the guy
> who has been torturing me is jsut gone..) would you know a web site =helping
> me getting a good firewall 4 Linux ??

Suggestion: get a generic book on firewall concepts and understand it
before you try to understand how a particulat platform implements
firewalling. You'll be in a much better position to judge capabilities.

One good book is O'Reilly's "Building Internet Firewalls".

 "To disable the Internet to save EMI and Disney is the moral
  equivalent of burning down the library of Alexandria to ensure the
  livelihood of monastic scribes."
                                    -- John Ippolito of the Guggenheim