[Dshield] (no subject)

Daniels566@cs.com Daniels566 at cs.com
Mon Sep 16 21:55:21 GMT 2002

>Daniel; PUHLEEZE!! Lets let this disgusting phrase
>die a natural death. I'm sure there are many newer
>and better ways to describe something that does not
>work as advertised.
>How about a little contest to see who can create a
>much more pleasant computer age replacement for the
>phrase (ugh) snake oil? ...Mel.
 I did not originate the "Phrase" S.O. in the string nor did I conclude the
string using the "Phrase" S.O. But I welcome a contest so long as I'm the
winner. But I guess there's no such thing as a "sure thing" which I believe
goes to the core of inquiry in all these strings. But I'll keep the S.O. on
the shelf in case I need it some other time.
Meanwhile I'm tightening down a bit as I noticed in some of the strings
there's fingers pointing at the far east but I've been watching the locals,
E-W Europe,Spain,U.S. and last I heard they have a contest going too. They
have learned not to bump each other in their zealous to get something out in
the wild before someone beats them. I expect something noticeable but not
mean will show up.
John Daniels
I speak a universal language, if I don't understand you I hope you came in
peace.