[Dshield] Anyone have any experience with WPoison?

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Mon Sep 23 00:39:12 GMT 2002

I suspect a fair amount.  I have had at least 6 email accounts that were
harvested by spam-bots from web sites I run.  I know they were harvested,
because several of those addresses are only found on specific web pages, and
I could actually tell which pages the addresses were harvested from based on
which combination of addresses got the spam.

Harvesting email addresses via automated web crawler (spam-bots) is probably
a fairly cheap way to build up a mailing list.  That is, if you are a scummy
spammer who has no morals...

Cheers,
Ed Truitt
http://www.etee2k.net