[Dshield] Anyone have any experience with WPoison?

Bob Johnson bob88 at bobj.org
Mon Sep 23 04:09:30 GMT 2002

On Sunday 22 September 2002 05:34 am, John Draper appears to have
written:
> >I don't have any first-hand experience with it, but have heard from
> > several others who swear by it.
>
> I discussed it with my collegue...  doesn't see a compelling need for
> it. I mean,  how much email farming takes place?

I don't know about farming, but I know from experience that a lot
of harvesting goes on.  Most of the spam I get is to administrative
addresses that are posted on our web pages and not otherwise
published.  If WPoison can reduce that, I'm all for it.  The real
question is whether it can actually make an impact.  I'm not
entirely convinced.