[Dshield] Got an interesting one trapped in the tarpit...

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Mon Sep 23 11:46:29 GMT 2002

This morning, when I checked LaBrea, I noticed one IP (66.230.215.244) with
56 threads caught. Checking it out further, I noticed that it was trying to
hit the following ports:  80, 3128, 8080, and 6588.  I know what the first
three are for, but the last one I am unfamiliar with.  Any ideas as to what
type of attack this is, what "script" the kiddies are using here?  I have
not seen this one before.

Cheers,
Ed Truitt
http://www.etee2k.net