[Dshield] DShield IP lookup - Error on Whois attempt.

ErnestE erneste at rogers.com
Sun Sep 29 18:16:50 GMT 2002

Has anyone else recieved the error below when trying to do an IP lookup on
DShield? The URL in that message doesn't work either.

As part of my research for the GCIA paper I have to do several lookups on
IPs, so am not sure if that is the reason for this?

Is the "your host" reffering to DShield's IP or does DShield use your own
system's IP to do the querry?

Thank you,
Ernest.

Whois:
% [whois.apnic.net node-2]

%ERROR:201: access denied
%
% Access from your host has been permanently denied due to
% repeated excessive querying of the database.To reinstate
% your host's access to the database please see:
%     http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html