[Dshield] new email threat?

Hill, Keith Keith.Hill at occ.treas.gov
Fri Aug 1 17:06:18 GMT 2003

I'm being bombarded with emails with the following message:

Subject: your account maemddxd

Hello there,

I would like to inform you about important information regarding your
email address. This email address will be expiring.
Please read attachment for details.
---
Best regards, Administrator
maemddxd

There is an attachment, a zip with an html script embedded in it.  I don't
want to send it as it may be malware.  When run it creates a blank web page
but the code is 16 KB and contains compiled code and several references that
use either "moo ha ha" or "foo.exe" in the script.  Has anyone else seen
this?

Keith

Keith Hill
kjhill at cox.net
(703) 599-8133
This message is for the designated recipients only and may contain sensitive
or confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and all copies.
If you received this message in error or are not a designated recipient,
information in this message should not be disclosed and any use of the
information is prohibited.