[Dshield] Patriot spies?

Kenneth Coney superc at visuallink.com
Sun Aug 3 17:52:49 GMT 2003

Seems to me there should be a way of clone spoofing the email address so
two deliveries are made at once to 2 different locations, like when a cell
phone or pager is cloned and a simple pencil recorder would give them the
next address to clone.

Rick Klinge said

> Currently, the only way the Patriot spies can read your email is to place
an
> intercept online or serve the ISP with papers requiring them to forward a
copy
> of all your email to an address provided by the spy agency.

There's the kicker 'Currently'.. fwiw, I believe Cisco has already produced
software/routers that will allow for the 'wire tap' functionality of all
traffic.  One could easily implement the Majic Lantern or Aardvark projects
at that level and trigger intercept via packet analysis - in real time.
Further rapid response, DHS personnel, could then act upon the data faster
then a 911 distress call.  Pretty much Buck Rogers stuff for sure.  The
other problem is the physical evidence portion of this.. which pulls this
OT
thread way Off Topic. ;-)

~Rick