[Dshield] Patriot spies?

Rick Klinge rick at jaray.net
Sun Aug 3 19:58:11 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth Coney" <superc at visuallink.com>
To: <list at dshield.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 12:52 PM
Subject: [Dshield] Patriot spies?

> Seems to me there should be a way of clone spoofing the email address so
> two deliveries are made at once to 2 different locations, like when a cell
> phone or pager is cloned and a simple pencil recorder would give them the
> next address to clone.

Huh?  I don't get it..  I would think one would just sniff the packet stream
and trigger upon pre selected data.  At that point capture the data, log the
traffic, send notify DHS via secured snpp, create a response order for the
dispatcher, plot DHS personnel and assets via gps, and so forth and so
forth...  but this of course this is just fiction at the point.  Right?