[Dshield] Patriot Taps

Andy Cuff [talisker] offthecuff at lineone.net
Mon Aug 4 16:26:42 GMT 2003

Hi
Whilst I don't wish to get into the sensitive issue of Lawful Interception
using routers, the subject of network taps always interests me.  I have
details on every product vendor here
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/taps.htm unless of course you know
different?   I am missing some of the fiber vampire taps that use a variety
of methods to get the data, from refraction to Ralleigh emissions and
introduce varying levels of detectable losses.
Whilst I'm off on one FiberSentinel from NeSTRONIX provides a solution to
detect fiber taps, does anybody know of any other such solutions.  Though in
my experience they have to be more intelligent than just detecting losses
that exceed a preset threshold as the false positives are unmanageable.

hope this helps
take care
-andy
Taliskers Network Security Tools