[Dshield] New spam formats (sorry for the bounces)

David Hart DavidHart at TQMcube.com
Tue Aug 5 17:53:35 GMT 2003

It looks like we bounced some good mail again (sorry).

To get around content filters the junk mailers are using obfuscating
HTML. Eventually, we realized that the correct fix is to reject mail
with
RegEx <\!.*-->.

Another ploy is to utilize tables with hard hyphens and returns. We're
no longer accepting mail with tables either.

Anyway, if anything bounced back, please accept our apologies. I think
that we have it under control.

If I  don't want mail with v--gra in it then formatting that same mail
to get past the filters would seem to be a colossal misadventure wasting
time and bandwidth.