[Dshield] Routers

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Wed Aug 6 15:04:03 GMT 2003

I will add a new twist to the Linksys Wireless.

I have an old "Version 1" 4 port wireless cable/dsl switch. I
have friends that have the "Version 2" of this. These all
work fine, and we get a decent signal.

We experimented with the 802.11g router, and found that the
signal was approximately 1/2 of the V1 and V2 routers. I
believe that Linksys has dropped the power in hopes that
people will buy the signal booster that they sell. The actual
power supply was smaller too, hinting to the decrease in
power/range.

In short, I am NOT anxiously awaiting the prices to come down.

Keith.