[Dshield] Routers

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Thu Aug 7 15:52:59 GMT 2003

On Thursday 07 August 2003 10:57, John Hardin wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 06:11, Leone, Michael wrote:
> > As well, without specific IP addresses, subnets and node identifier,
> > finding my quaint little network inside all of Comcast Cable Internet
> > is like trying to find a virgin on St Padres Island.
>
> That's a dangerous mindset, as there are automated high-speed virgin
> detection^W^Wnetwork scanning tools available that will ferret out the
> vulnerable needles in the ComCast haystack fairly easily and without a
> lot of effort on the part of the attacker...

...then you "tunnel in" and Merck's "multi-million dollar network
infrastructure that has a long history of never being broken into" (at
least in your mind) is exposed to anything that managed to molest your
young virgin.

What the heck did this have to do with routers anyway?

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security