[Dshield] Logging problem with Linksys wireless router

Michael Steeves msteeves29 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 01:58:16 GMT 2003

I've got a Linksys Wireless router (model BEFW11S4) that I'm trying to
get to log to my local machine (WinXP Home Ed.).  I've downloaded all
three products that were mentioned on the DShield web site (Linksys's
LogViewer, Kiwi Syslog and the SNMP utility), and can get none of them
to grab the incoming/outgoing logs on my router.

I've upgraded the firmware to the latest rev, and still nothing.  Access
logs are enabled, and I've tried setting the destination address to both
the specific IP of the WinXP machine, as well as the broadcast address
for the network (192.168.1.255).

Is this a known issue, or am I missing something?

-Mike