[Dshield] Logging problem with Linksys wireless router

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Tue Aug 12 16:46:43 GMT 2003

I actually use this exact configuration. I have XP (Pro) and the same
Linksys router. I have set the XP box to a static IP address, and I point
the Linksys router logs to that IP. This is mainly because my box is hosting
a website. The 255 entry should work in theory, but I've never tested it.

I have the Kiwi logger system running. I chose this a) because it was
recommended on the Dshield site, and b) because it runs as a service. The
Linksys logger does not run as a service, so you only wind up trapping logs
when you are logged in. I followed the directions here:
http://www.dshield.org/clients/linksys_kiwi_setup.php

This site helps set up the Dshield client. Essentially, once you start
accumulating logs, this will allow you to send them.
http://www.dshield.org/windows_clients.php

Finally, once you are happy with your sending, this will help you to
automate them.
http://www.dshield.org/clients/schedule_client.php

Rest assured that I definitely was able to get this running. If you are
still having problems, let me know. I'll try and take some screen captures
for you.

Keith.