[Dshield] Simultaneous MSBlaster and ??? attack?

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Wed Aug 13 19:21:09 GMT 2003

I would like to add that I have been told by an associate that to clean up a system (for a new client they acquired because of this worm), they had to do everything Johannes spells out below, plus:

	1) FDISK the HDD to kill all partitions.
	2) Reboot from install media.
	3) FDISK the HDD to create new partitions.

When they left out step two, some memory resident "contaminant" managed to reinfect the system while doing the install, before it was even connected to the network.

Hope this helps!

Jon R. Kibler
A.S.E.T., Inc.
Charleston, SC  USA