[Dshield] Road Runner is looking out for it's customers for c hange

Craig Shaw CraigS at caamb.mb.ca
Thu Aug 14 14:10:44 GMT 2003

Maybe it was "137,139" not "137-139" :)

Craig Shaw
Systems Administrator
CAA Manitoba
(204) 262-6035
craigs at caamanitoba.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Brenden Walker [mailto:BKWalker at DRBSystems.com]
Sent: 14-Aug-03 08:14
To: 'General DShield Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [Dshield] Road Runner is looking out for it's customers for c
hange

Well, that would explain why I didn't see any hits on 135 during this storm.
But it wouldn't explain why I continue to get hits on 137 on a daily basis..
If they blocked 135-139 like they said, I wouldn't get these.

Odd indeed.

/8205.html.

If You Have Been Infected

You must stop the Trojan process by performing the following:

As soon as your computer boots up, press the Control, Alt, and Delete
buttons at the same time. This should open your Task Manager window. Click
the Processes tab. Double-click the Image Name column header to
alphabetically sort the processes. Scroll through the list and look for a
file called msblast.exe. Click to highlight the file and then click the End
Process button at the
bottom of the window.
Close the Task Manager window.
Open your browser and go to
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.rem
oval.tool.html.

Follow the instructions for obtaining and running Symantec's
W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool.
Then, after running the tool, go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
and update your Windows operating system with the latest patches to
prevent you from being infected again.