[Dshield] Some questions about RedHat 7.1 bugs

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Thu Aug 14 17:03:54 GMT 2003

Nguyen:

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 07:34:24PM -0700, Nguyen Nhu Hao wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I am an amatuer Linux system administrator and I am installing a secure
> server. I choosed RedHat 7.1 for my box and installed the follow services
> after patching all bugs published in RedHat site:
>     - Sendmail 8.
>     - Opensshd 1.3.
>     - Bind
>     - Apache 2.0
> I would like you give me some advices and what I need to do for my box or
> others bugs that have not been puplished in the internet.
> Thanks for your help,

First of all, since this is an entirely different thread than the one
you responded to, I would very sincerely recommend starting a new
thread with an initial post of your own when you have a question like
this.

To address your question, take a very good look at KRUD Linux (Kevin's
RedHat Uber Distribution) by www.tummy.com, see:

http://www.tummy.com/krud/

This is a single-CD or subscription; there is also a server version
(no bells and whistles) available:

"KRUD is a Linux Distribution which tracks Red Hat Linux. It is
updated every month, and is available by CD and CD Subscription.

KRUD is based on a complete Red Hat Linux install with all of the
errata and updates included, plus extra packages added in by Kevin of
tummy.com.

We've been making KRUD since 1999. We do it because it saves us time,
and it makes updating our systems easier.

We'd like you to try it because it will do the same for you."

Plus they add a whole lot of stuff that Red Hat doesn't distribute...

Highly Recommended(tm)

- John
--
"Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures."