[Dshield] RPC exploit popup ad

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Thu Aug 14 23:25:55 GMT 2003

All:

One of my users just stumbled across a popup ad on MSN that blanked the
screen and displayed a somewhat convincing "RPC failure, shutting down
in X seconds" countdown timer. The only thing that somewhat mitigated
the panic was a "click here" link in small type.

Advertisers are scum.

Here's the page if anybody's interested:

	http://ad1.zendmedia.com/rpc_pop.htm

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ
 "...in retrospect, we probably should have turned it on by default."